You wouldn't go through life without taking Anything from it, Right?

Sunday, May 2, 2010

wicka wicka wicka - reeeeemixxxx invasion station

Hello everyone and thanks for reading my final blog post for the semester for Remix Culture! I would just like to start off by saying that Invasion was fabulous and was exactly what I personally needed, amidst one of the most crazY weeks I have ever experienced. Everyone in this class really rocked and went all out for the final. I really enjoyed experiencing everyone's work and getting to know the class. We were all such a great mix of folk with eccentric and very different backgrounds, it was the bees knees :o)
s
o
o
o
o
o
o....

About our VDMX collaboration. I worked with the fabulous lady team of Kaitlyn, Megan and I. We spent ALOT of time figuring out that program and music programs that were all new to each of us. The actual performance went great and was ALOT of fun to see how it affected people live. I think that was the most impressive part about what we did, was the feeling of like, well, anything could happen, and you just have to roll with it. And such is life, as well, right.

As far as the content went, we chose to do four 2 minute segments of dreams relating to the 4 stages of sleep and how people are not able to sleep as well as they get older: stage one - sleeping when youre a baby, stage two - nightmares, stage three - sex dreams and finally stage four - insomnia as we get older. We put together all the videos from archive.org and youtube and created our music mixes with found clips from freesound.org (<----that place is great for all you music lovers. or anyone that just need a clip of like someone farting or a plate breaking, whatever, they have it!) So we mixed it all together and BAM - there you have it.
In the background of one of last mix, we remixed the book "goodnight moon" and recorded into the background. It was a little hard to hear, so I will write it next....Other than that - WOooot wOOOot what an amazing class. I learned so much and am very thankful for the experience! Cheers!
GOODNIGHT REMIX
(coming soon....I have to find it) I wanted to get this at least posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment